"Some riders become involved for the
thrill of adventure, others to mark a new chapter in their lives, to promote a
charitable cause, or to explore the world without and within. The reason is
personal, the experience life-changing."
It is job of the Guild to reassure the public that they can trust the word of a Long Rider. Therefore, in accordance with the published rules of the Long Riders’ Guild, all of the expeditions listed agreed to abide by this equestrian code of ethical conduct:
- a determination to put the horse’s welfare above their own
- acknowledgement of the assistance of The Long Riders' Guild and a copy of the LRG logo on their website
- a willingness to describe themselves as Long Riders on their website and to the press
- at the conclusion of their journey, a readiness to share their individual experiences with would-be Long Riders
- if the ride is for a charity, the funds will be accounted for at the conclusion of the journey.
Click here for non-equestrian expeditions by famous Long Riders!